Guigova joined Kambourov & Partners in 2004. She is the head of the firm's
IP department and has a solid background representing domestic and
multinational trademark and industrial design holders in proceedings
before the Bulgarian Patent Office and EUIPO. Margarita further advises
copyright owners and performing artists in matters related to the contractual
exploitation of their works as well as producers and broadcasters in content
transactions. She also focuses on IP infringement, cross-border licensing,
anti-counterfeiting and customs measures and has broad experience in
representing clients in contentious matters and IP litigation.
expertise also covers auditing intellectual property assets in the context of
legal due diligence in sale, acquisition and securitization transactions.
- Sofia University (LLM, 2003)
- University of Georgia, USA, visiting scholar in LLM program
- International Practice Diploma in International Intellectual Property Law, The College of Law of England and Wales
- Inter-universitary Degree in EU Law - Sofia University, Centre Européen Universitaire Université Nancy 2, Université Robert Schumann, Strasbourg (Master in International Relations, 2008)
- Sofia Bar Association
- Industrial property representative admitted to practice with the Bulgarian Patent Office and the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO)
- International Bar Association
- Guest lecturer in "Intellectual Property in the Music Industry" - part of the syllabus of the master programme in "Music Management" at the Bulgarian National Academy of Music "Pancho Vladigerov".